As the saying goes . . . an OUNCE of Prevention is worth a POUND of cure.
CIS onsite offers a variety of Prevention Services to help companies control work related injuries while promoting employee's health and the company's productivity.
- IMPACC - Work Injury Prevention Program
- Early Intervention Program (EIP)
- Functional Job Analysis
- Post-Offer Screening
- Ergonomic Job Position Evaluation (EJPE)
- Massage Therapy
- Health and Wellness Seminars
- Posture and Body Mechanics
- Employee Stretching Programs
- Benefits of Exercise
- Stress Management Techniques
- Smoking Cessation
- Healthy Levels of Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
An Ergonomic Program that WORKS!
CIS onsite is proud to offer the IMPACC Work Injury Prevention Program to our clients that want an aggressive and proven program for dramatically reducing their work injuries, claims and costs. The IMPACC program has been implemented in companies nationwide and has consistently demonstrated reductions in lost work-days and Worker’s Compensation. Results are obtained through Work Risk Analysis, Management Training, Employee Training and Ergonomic Team Training.
Click HERE for more specific information on our IMPACC program.
EARLY INTERVENTION PROGRAM (EIP)
CIS onsite EIP serves as an extension of your current in-house occupational health program, while assisting you in reducing your OSHA recordables and Worker’s Compensation costs. Our EIP specialists can offer prompt attention to your workers complaining of sprains and strains and provide them with Prevention Techniques that can expedite the recovery process. Our EIP specialists also observe the worker performing their job and are often able to develop alternative work techniques for the worker and recommend simple workstation modifications that can reduce the costly progression of the worker’s current condition.
FUNCTIONAL JOB ANALYSIS
Our professionals will perform an assessment of the worksite and the workers to identify the educational, skills and physical demand requirements of a particular job. This information is then incorporated into a functional job analysis complaint with ADA guidelines.
CIS onsite screening provides an employer with specific information on the relationship between the critical/essential demands (ADA compliant) of a job and the physical capabilities of the potential worker. For validity purposes, an in-depth functional job analysis must be completed on the job in advance. Our screening is performed at the employer’s facility utilizing the actual equipment of the job. The screening is performed following an offer of employment, hiring is contingent upon successful completion of the screen.
ERGONOMIC JOB POSITION EVALUATONS (EJPE)
An EJPE is an assessment of job activities in order to offer recommendations for improving the fit between the worker and work station and to identify any potential injury risks. As part of the assessment we offer safe work technique recommendations for both the employee and employer’s consideration. The assessment may potentially offer employers recommendations on equipment alternatives, station re-design/set up, and/or work modifications.
An onsite seated massage is a great way to show your appreciation for hard work, work anniversaries, accident free periods, good attendance, promotions or group achievements. It is a fun and versatile way to add life to any work party gathering such as seminars, conventions, company meetings, health fairs, or holiday parties.
More and more companies offer massage therapy not only as a perk, but also to increase employee productivity and morale. Massage has been shown to reduce stress. Job stress is estimated to cost employers $200 billion every year in lowered productivity, compensation claims, absenteeism, health insurance and direct medical costs.
A typical massage lasts 10-15 minutes. Fully clothed, the employee sits in a specially designed chair while the licensed massage therapist uses a variety of gliding, kneading, and finger pressure techniques on the muscles of the head, neck, shoulders, arms, hands and back. All you need to provide is a quiet area for the treatment. CIS Onsite is available to schedule massages on breaks, lunch, or before or after the workday. A two hour minimum is required for scheduling.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS SEMINARS
Our Health and Wellness Seminars (listed above) are available in three formats:
- Single Sessions: Employers can select the topic and CIS Onsite can provide a one time educational seminar. Our seminars are typically 1 hour in length, with individual screening, if requested. All of our programs contain job specific and general health information. Additionally, programs can be provided on all shifts.
- Monthly Sessions: Employers can schedule an entire array of topics on a monthly basis throughout the year. By providing employees different information monthly, there is reinforcement of healthy habits.
- Health Fair: Employers can schedule a health fair with various stations, each providing employees with a brief exposure to a particular health issue. Employees can walk through the stations and obtain information of interest. All stations are interactive and staffed with qualified personnel to answer related questions. This format allows for a large number of employees to acquire general information regarding health-related issues.
Call CIS Onsite at 1-866-298-1312 for more information!
Employment OpportunitiesWe have immediate openings for Physical and Occupational therapists and Ergonomists across the Midwest.
MAY-JUN '13 Newsletter
- What is an Early Intervention Specialist?
- Ergonomics: Study - Tablet Use
- Think Safe! Tornado Safety Away From Home